Sunday, March 27, 2011

Some places just stay in your heart....

Almost eight years ago Jack, Mike, and I left Texas. We were excited to be getting home close to family and our fabulous friends. But we didn't realize how much we had fallen in love with our new home of San Antonio. I miss it SO much -- and this week, we get to go back!!!! I can't wait, so I had to post a few of my favorite things that I'm so excited to get to visit again!

The Bluebonnets. Who can resist a field full of these gorgeous peppy spring flowers. I just hope they haven't all gone by the time we get down there.

The Alamo! No Texan, whether native born or just wishing they were, can't resist the birthplace of Texas Independence. Mike and I used to sometimes just hop in the car and drive down to see it. It just has that kind of spirit to it.

The Riverwalk, especially at night. (Just don't eat and Cafe Rio.)

Instead, definitely eat at Taco Cabana. Freshly cut cilantro in the salsa bar -- yum!!!

And then there's the wildlife.....

Longhorns. So cool!


The beautiful live oaks in all their amazing shapes.

Coyotes! They used to serenade us from the park behind our apartment every evening in the summer. And then there's the one that seemed to commute at the same time I did -- he'd cross my path on my way to school.



And the cowboys in their pickup trucks!


And our favorite favorite hiking places --
Hill Country SNA



Lost Maples



Pedernales Falls -- also home to the worlds most fabulous beef jerky




And the Frio River



Oh, man, there is just NO WAY I am ever going to be able to leave again. I love this place!!!

1 comment: