Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Crafts

Dunno if it's old age or spending too much time with Jenn, Bonnie, and Mandy over the years, but I've been bitten by the crafting bug. Part of it is Jack -- he DID spend too much time with Mandy, who decorates her house SO cute for every holiday. Jack started coming home and asking why OUR house wasn't decorated, and that triggered my "you're kid is missing out" gene, and the I had to respond, right? So...it's getting on for Spring and in addition to the whole decorating thing, the spring fever is hitting and I want to redecorate everything. (EVERYTHING!!!) Luckily for my bank account, I limited it to doing some flowery cute things to make it feel a little more like spring even when it's grey and yucky outside.

First off, I saw some little flower pots in Meijer and thought.....I can do that. I can do that BETTER. So I took myself off to JoAnns and got some paint, some flower pots, and some flowers, and eventually turned them into:


We used to have a huge forsythia bush on the side of our driveway when we lived in Yellow Springs, and I have always loved the crazy yellow sprigs that shoot everywhere. It feels like the personification (flower-sification??) of the way I feel in spring.

Then it was time for the bathroom to get a little sprucing up. I borrowed Mandy's cricut (THANKS!) and got some cute paper and some flowers and used an old basket and frame and, voila!


Is it kinda pathetic that I'm so proud of myself? Or that it makes me happy everytime I see it?

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! You make me feel so lame right now. Since we moved I've only decorated for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete